Each Tuesday we will feature a local interest article written by our lake residents. These articles can be about anything of interest to our community. Wildlife here at the lake, fishing tips and tricks, kayaking do’s and don’ts, or any other topic you believe would be of interest to our community.
Do your children like to write? We’d like to include their submissions as well!
Here are the guidelines:
- Articles should be written by lake residents (of any age!).
- Whenever possible, include a photo with your submission.
- Articles should be between 300 and 800 words.
- We reserve the right to edit for grammar and clarity.
- Compensation: The Choctaw Lake Weekly operates on a volunteer basis. We do not pay our writers.
- We reserve First Serial Rights on submitted work.
- By submitting your article for publication in The Choctaw Lake Weekly, you also allow us to print your story in the Peace Pipe, if space allows. Note: space is tight in the Peace Pipe, there is rarely room for these types of articles.
- Submit your articles to firstname.lastname@example.org. We prefer links to GoogleDocs, but will accept other submission types.