We want to thank everyone for being respectful and respective to the boat patrol staff over the weekend. We understand it can be a bit of an inconvenience when they stop you, but we appreciate the fact that you respect that they are just doing their job. Below are a few items of note from the weekend from a safety standpoint.
- The speed light during daylight hours is 35 mph on the water.
- All areas have a speed limit of idle speed during evening hours, from dusk on.
- Dusk is notified by the blinking red light at the dam and at the flagpole at the beach. If you see the red light, all areas are idle speed.
- All coves are idle/no-wake speed at all hours of the day. This includes 100′ from all shorelines in the main body. These are the areas between the buoys and shorelines.
- If your child is not 16 and does not have a boat safety card, they can not operate a jet ski or watercraft alone. They must have someone that is at least 18 with them. If the person with them was born 1982 or later, they must have a boater safety card.
- If you are pulling a tube or a skier, you must have another person in the boat acting as a spotter.
- Lastly, if you don’t have a Yellow “21” sticker on your watercraft, please stop by the office this week. We will start issuing fines for this.
Thanks again for working with the boat patrol staff. They are there to help. If you are safe and follow the lake rules, all will be good.