Below spells out the building code for fences. Please note that a drawing of the fence layout is required to obtain a permit. Drawing must include area of installation, type fence material, and property lines. Prior to approval of permit, we will meet on site to review property lines.
Also note that planting landscape material in a row or hedge form falls under the fence guidelines. Please contact me prior to landscape plantings to ensure compliance with a living fence. Growth of plant species is considered when determining if a planting is a living fence or not.
- Fences (Effective June 14, 2011)
(1) No solid fences or living fences may be constructed or planted without special approval from
the Property Manager. Landscape planting that, in the opinion of the Property Manager. acts as a living fence is subject to the fence regulations (Effective Aug. 14, 2002).
(2) No fence higher than 48” is permitted without special approval from the Building Review Committee.
- For fences 48” or higher, the fence posts must be placed below the frost line (minimum depth 32″). (Revised August 8, 2017).1999).
- (5) Prior to the consideration of the Building Review Committee for special approval as noted in sections (1) and (2), all property owners of adjacent lots will be notified in writing, and given an opportunity to object. (Revised August 8, 2017).
- (4) The finished portion of the fence is to face the outside of the property (Effective Aug. 11,
(6) If there are no objections from the nearby property owners, the final location of a fence must be approved by the Property Manager. If there are any objections, the matter will be referred to the Board of Trustees. (Revised April 11, 2017).
(7) No above-ground electrified fence of any size is permitted at Choctaw Lake, and no above-ground electrified fence shall be treated as permitted pursuant to the Building Code Grandfather Clause. (Effective July 11, 2017).