We will be closing the valve at the dam on Monday 2/19/24. The main reason for adjusting the date is to support the George’s Fork dredging project that is scheduled to begin in March. We want to make every effort possible to have the dredging completed before Memorial Day and the busy boating season. (or floating season for the “swim cove”!)
Currently, our water level is about 12 inches below the winter pool. Based on long-range forecasts, I do not see any prolonged freezing temperatures that will cause the lake to freeze. We have a few opportunities for rain, but as of now, they don’t appear to be significant rain events.
If the water level gets too low, we will have delays to the start date of the project.
Our contractor is scheduled to arrive on March 4th to finish setting up the pipe and dredging equipment. They are estimating 3-4 days to finish with the setup. Once that is complete, they will start pumping!
I understand this is about two weeks earlier than normal. However, at this stage of the season, and with forecasted weather, the focus is now on having the George’s Fork area clear of dredging operations and equipment by Memorial Day.