The community trick or treat event will be Saturday, October 30th from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM.
Our last outdoor movie of the year will be Saturday, September 18th. The OSU game will be over before movie night, so make your plans! The movie will start at dusk.
Your movie is the original Toy Story! This movie is a classic and fun for all ages!! Come down to the Arrowhead grounds for a great family bonding event by watching a movie under the stars and in front of a huge screen!
Thanks to the Fox Group for sponsoring the first season of the Outdoor Movie Series.
- 4:00 PM: Junkyard Boat Derby at the beach.
- 6:00 PM -7:00 PM: The Wayfares concert at the Arrowhead.
- 7:00 PM – 10:45 PM: 23 Southbound concert at the Arrowhead.
- Rudy’s BBQ available for dinner during the concerts.
- Twisted Treats Ice Cream will also be set up during the concerts.
- 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM: Pancake Breafast at the Lodge – $5.00 per person. All you can eat pancakes!
Have a safe and fun weekend! The weather forecast looks beautiful!
Take 2! Our first movie night was in April. The weather was unkind to say the least. The good news is that it won’t be in the low 40’s and windy for our second movie night!! Come on down to the grounds by the Arrowhead to catch Jumanji “Welcome to the Jungle”. This movie features Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Jack Black, Kevin Hart, and Karen Gillan. This movie is a rated PG-13 comedy.
The movie start time is at dusk. We thank The Fox Group for sponsoring all 3 movie nights!!
Click below for the trailer:
JUNKYARD BOAT DERBY ( COMMUNITY DAY )
The Choctaw Lake Junkyard Boat Derby will take place, as usual, the day before Labor Day as part of Choctaw’s Community Days celebration: Sunday, Sept 5th at 4:00 PM. This year the event will be put on by the Choctaw Booster club and led by Patrol Chief Jake Rosales. The Rules and guidelines are as follows:
- Anything that floats and meets the guidelines below is eligible to enter.
- Must be human or wind powered ( Paddles, Pedaled, sailed ect ) NO MOTORS
- All boats will be inspected prior to the race. All construction materials must be JUNK that did not come from an actual boat, raft, personal watercraft, inflatable, or any other type of floating vessel.
- Junk means salvaged and not purchased. Paint and materials that hold the boat together such as duct tape, rope, screws, glue, ect are the ONLY exceptions.
- Any boat that threatens the safety of its passengers or other race participants, or spectators will be disqualified at the discretion of the judges or Chief Rosales.
- The name of the boat MUST be readable by spectators and the judges. It can be painted on both sides or attached. If placed on the boat it needs to be placed securely so it does not fall off. Wind conditions may dictate the direction of the race so please have the vessel’s name on both sides.
- Boats that raced in prior years will be eligible to enter this year.
Each group will start when the judges determine that all boats are lined up correctly and behind the starting line. Entrants under the age of 18 must have written permission from a parent or legal guardian to participate in the race. Racers in the 12 and under group MUST wear a Coast Guard Approved Flotation Device while in the water.
Awards will be given out in the following categories: Best Looking, Best Costume, Most Creative, and Patrol Chief Pick.
There will be FOUR groups. 12 and under, 13-17, and adult (18 and older) Cash prizes provided by the Booster Club will be awarded for each boat that places first ( $50 ) and second place ( $25) for each of those age categories. The last Group will be East Side vs West Side residents ( Winners get bragging rights ONLY)
Registration: You have a few options this year. You can email Chief Rosales at firstname.lastname@example.org with your information or you can fill out the registration form and return it to the Lake Office. Forms will be in the Lodge office. Information that will be needed is Email Address, Phone Number, Name and Age of participants, name of boat as well as category ( Each person that’s on the boat must be listed on the form/email) Age of the oldest person on board will need to be listed this determines which group each boat enters.
Have fun and Be Safe!