I have issued a temporary variance to Rule 37.(Below is the rule) The variance is only granted to candidates for the BOT election that have requested permission to go door to door. I feel that it is important that each candidate have the opportunity to reach out to you to share what is important to them, why they want to volunteer to serve the community, and objectives to improve the business.
It is important to note that there are limits set for door to door campaigning.
- Candidates can only campaign for themselves. They can not be campaigning for a group. If literature is given during door to door campaigning to vote for a group, then that is a violation and will be consider a rule infraction. If I receive literature showing otherwise, then the penalties will be assessed.
- Campaigning can not begin until after the deadline of applications and bios.(Applications Due December 1st…Bios due December 10th)
- Candidates can not go door to door together.
Again – this variance is only for candidates that have requested permission. Non-candidates can not campaign door to door. That is a violation of the rule. Please report this activity to me if you are approached by an individual or group that are not candidates for the CLPOA BOT election.
I anticipate all candidates and non-candidates to follow the guidelines.
Thank you – Please support all candidates that are participating in the election. The nominating committee is holding two Meet the Candidate Events at the Lodge. Below are the dates and time.
- Sunday, December 9, 2018 from 1:00-3:00p
- Tuesday, December 11, 2018 from 7:00-9:00p
CLPOA Rules and Regulations: Rule 37
- DISTRIBUTION OF MATERIALS/SOLICITATION
Choctaw Lake is a private residential community. Distribution of materials and solicitation of a political nature is not permitted in the Choctaw Lake subdivision (Effective Aug. 19, 1993). Any other distribution of materials and/or solicitation will not be permitted without the expressed written permission of the Property Manager (Effective Aug. 19, 1993). All requests for permission to distribute materials or to make any solicitations must be submitted to the Property Manager at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance. Where permission to distribute materials is granted, all such materials shall be placed either on the front step of the property owner’s house, attached to the doorknob of the front entrance door, or between the screen door and the front entrance door. In any such case, all materials must be distributed in accordance with environmentally sound practices, particularly in a manner, which shall prevent such materials from being blown by the winds throughout the community.