Below are a few more important boater safety rules to review. Again, please share with your guest and family members. The lake will be hopping next week. Boating safety is everyone’s responsibility.
17 USE OF WATERCRAFT ON CHOCTAW LAKE
A. Compliance with Water Safety Laws and Rules:
(7) Property owners are responsible for the behavior of all family members and guests while enjoying the use of Choctaw Lake.
Speed Limits/Direction of Travel:
(3) All watercraft shall maintain clearance of not less than 200 feet from other watercraft, except when both crafts are operating at idle speed. The Patrol shall be responsible for determining whether watercraft is maintaining the proper clearance from another watercraft. The jumping of boat wakes by jet skis or other personal watercraft while within 200 feet of the watercraft that created the wake is prohibited (Effective Aug 18, 1994, amended September 22, 1994).
(4) In launching watercraft into or removing watercraft from the lake, the ramp located across from the Marina shall be utilized. No other launching site shall be used without prior permission of the Property Manager or the Patrol, except that property owners owning lake front property may use ramps or boat lifts located on their lot(s).
(1) All watercraft pulling water-skiers shall have an observer aboard in addition to the pilot of the watercraft.
(2) After losing a skier, the watercraft shall, in a cautious manner, immediately turn in a leftward direction and proceed to retrieve the skier.
(3) Water-skiing is not permitted inside any Choctaw Lake cove or within the 100-foot Safety Zone.
(4) Except when in the process of retrieving a water-skier, no watercraft shall drag a ski rope in the water without a skier.