Some people hate it, some love it… it’s that time of the year for routine grass cutting. Below is the associations rules on lawn cutting. Please be sure to pay special attention to your property lines. Be a good neighbor and make sure grass growing through fences are trimmed and behind that back shed is being maintained.
Also, should you accidentally blow grass on the road, please blow it back in your yard. This can turn into a serious safety hazard on the roads when the grass gets wet. The grass will become very slick for bicyclist and motorcycles.
- Lawn Maintenance (Effective July 19, 1995):
(1) All lots must be kept mowed. Grass and weeds on all lots must not be allowed to exceed eight inches (8″) in height.
(2) Property owners not complying shall be subject to a penalty mow.
(3) The Property Manager may direct the CLPOA maintenance staff to mow any lot(s) or portions thereof in violation. The Property Manager would then assess a penalty-mowing fine in an amount up to One Hundred Fifty Dollars ($150) against the property owner (Amended Jan. 17, 1996).
(4) The CLPOA shall not be held liable for any minor property damage ensuing from penalty mows to a lot(s).
(5) To avoid penalty-mowing fines, property owners may make arrangements, in advance, through the Choctaw Lake Office to have their lot(s) mowed by Choctaw Lake employees either for the entire growing season or on a periodic basis.