I have finished the inspections from road frontages. I will do inspections from the lake in the first part of July. This will be my only announced community inspection. All other inspections will be random.
I thought the inspection went well. As most know, the community looks very good overall. Properties that were noted to have a violation will be receiving a hard copy of the letter. If you are set up with email billing, we also emailed you a copy of the letter.
The most noted violation was parking on lawns. The ones that I noted appeared to be parked in lawns for an extended period of time. Due to this, the CLPOA Rule of the Week highlights the association parking code. D(3) is the parking violation that was most noted.
(1) No motorized road vehicles or Miscellaneous Vehicles may be parked, placed in a position where it is blocking the flow of traffic or permitted to stand for an excessive period of time on any Choctaw Lake road or right-of-way.
(2) Motorized road vehicles and Miscellaneous Vehicles shall not be parked on another property owner’s property without permission.
(3) Where a dwelling is constructed on a lot, all motorized road vehicles owned by the property owner shall be parked either in the driveway or inside the garage. The grass may be used for overflow parking for guests for a limited time period.
(4) Where no dwelling is constructed on a lot, motorized road vehicles and Miscellaneous Vehicles may be parked thereon for up to twelve (12) continuous hours; parking for longer periods of time may be permitted with the prior written permission of the Property Manager.
(5) Motorized road vehicles, Miscellaneous Vehicles, trailers, campers or other types of vehicles, whether recreational or commercial, may be parked on Choctaw Lake recreational, boat launch and parking lot areas for up to eight (8) hours only, unless a prior written consent is obtained from the Property Manager.