Reminder: Next week I will begin the community-wide inspections. This was first announced during the last week of July. I have noticed many property owners cleaning up items noted in the message from July. I greatly appreciate that! I am sure your neighbors do as well. I will do my best to have letters sent out the same week as the inspections. If you receive a letter, please reach out to me to discuss cleanup plans. Thank you – Mike Casimir
Below is the original message sent on July 27th:
The week of August 24th, I will be performing a community-wide inspection. This inspection will focus on property maintenance requirements as described in the CLPOA Rules & Regulations. These inspections will be performed from the road and from the lake. Below are a few key items I will be focusing on.
Property Maintenance Eyesores:
- Tall weeds and grass in landscape beds and lawn areas.
- Trash or appliances sitting outside.
- Brush piles that have been sitting in yards for an extended time and are obviously not a wood stack for campfires.
- Gutters or siding hanging or missing from houses.
- All motorized vehicles are to be in the driveway or in the garage. Boats are exempt from this rule.
- If parked on the driveway, the vehicle should not be in disarray. Vehicles parked outside should have tires on them and full of air etc.
Once I finish with all the inspections, I will send out letters with notes and a timeline to correct. The goal of the timeline is to agree to a completion date that works for you but also meets expectations to correct an eyesore of the neighborhood in a timely manner.
Please take the next few weeks to double check your property. Take a moment to review your back yards. I may not be able to fully see your back yard. Note that your back yard may be easily visible for your neighbors. The backyard should be maintained just like your front yard.