Recently, I have read a post where some were inquiring about the opportunity to volunteer time to help clean up areas around the community. That opportunity has come.
Due to the recent flooding, debris has washed up along many shorelines in our parks and boat access areas. We would appreciate any cleanup efforts. You can do this on your own time as your schedule allows.
What I am requesting is that you just rake up the debris into piles. We will pick up the piles when the ground dries up enough for our equipment to access the areas.
Areas that need to be cleaned up:
- Lodge Area: South shoreline
- Access 5: (Common Area by Saris & West Choctaw)
- All lake access areas along East Choctaw; (Access 6,7,8,9,10)
Old Columbus Rd
- Northside of Old Columbus
- Do NOT clean up the debris on the south side of Old Columbus. That area is too dangerous to be working alone. The debris is mainly trees and stumps. Please only concentrate on the debris on the north side of Old Columbus.
Thank you in advance for your help. This is a great opportunity to get some fresh air…..and to kill the boredom.
Appreciate it – Mike