The Board of Trustees has established the following guidelines for hiring a new Property Manager. Attached is the Job Description. Anyone interested in being considered for this opportunity should submit a cover letter and resume to the Lake Office by Noon on Friday, May 12th, 2017. A search firm will prescreen all candidates. A subcommittee of the BOT will interview the top candidates with the final candidates being interviewed by the entire BOT. We have hired Mr. Sam Thomas as our interim Property Manager.
The Property Manager is responsible for all aspects of the operation of Choctaw Lake and reports to the President of the Choctaw Lake Board of Trustees. We are a 285-acre, 24-hour security-observed private lake community of more than 800 homes located in London, Ohio. Manage and oversee the community operations in accordance with the Property Owners Rules and Regulations as well as our Lake Constitution and Building Codes. The Property Manager is involved in all aspects of day-to-day operations of the property, including managing the budget and billing, oversight of accounting functions, leasing of buildings and storage facilities, Homeowner relations, maintenance and repair of all parks, buildings, beach, launch, parking lots, common lake shorelines, dam, and other community owned property. This role is also responsible to oversee janitorial services, contracting with vendors, landscaping, snow removal and overseeing the security personnel.
Scope of Responsibility and Authority
The Property Manager is charged with the day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures and programs that will assure a well-managed, well maintained community. This role places maximum emphasis on positive responses to the concerns and needs of the homeowners, environmental health and safety of our lake and community, and quality programs in coordination and conjunction with the Homeowner’s Association goals and objectives.
Customer Service & Management
- Create a positive resident experience
- Resolve resident concerns
- Build relationships that will support fulfilling residents’ needs
- Set a positive example for the property team
- Create a professional, safe and positive work environment
- Screen, interview and select prospective candidates for hiring
- Onboard all new team members
- Train and supervise all team members
- Coach, develop, counsel and inspire staff
- Complete annual performance reviews on a timely basis
- Ensure team member compliance with the Choctaw Lake Association Handbook and Operations Manual
- Maintain confidentiality of residents and staff personal information
- Ensure all needed office and maintenance supplies are adequate for the needs of the property
- Ensure that the Lodge/Arrowhead/storage units are properly maintained and ready for leasing
- Write a weekly property manager blog post
- Attend monthly board of trustee meetings
- Attend semi-annual property owners meetings
- Attend club and committee meetings as necessary to coordinate efforts for lake association improvement and maintenance
- Respond to homeowner requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner, and generate work orders directed to vendors or maintenance staff
- Follow-up with the homeowners to ensure satisfactory resolution of the issue
- Ensure that there is 24-hour emergency coverage for the property at all times
- Conduct periodic inspections of the property to ensure compliance with leases and the proper upkeep of the property
- Ensure that property and lease files are properly maintained and kept up to date in accordance with policy
- Establish and maintain the Property Management Plan, Preventative Maintenance Policies and Procedures and Property Operations Manual
- Investigate cost reduction opportunities
- Supervise coordination of monthly newsletter
- Communicate to the board and property owners as required by the board through electronic, written and verbal means
- Ensure all forms are being used and executed appropriately
- Comply with all applicable federal, state, county and city regulations
- Comply with and enforce all Choctaw Lake policies and procedures
- Prepare, implement and control an operating budget
- Supervise invoice accuracy and processing
- Monitor and manage expenses compared to budget
- Manage delinquencies and handle in accordance with CLPOA collection procedures
- Ensure that all files are sent to collections in a timely manner and monitor for consistent activity
- Prepare monthly report for the Board meetings according to the schedule required
- Negotiate and adhere to all spending and contract expenditure policies
- Monitor vendor performance to executed agreements
- Supervise the Building Code Review and/or Quality Control Inspections according to the Property Owners Rules and Regulations as well as Choctaw Lake Constitution and Building Codes
- Supervise the preparation of written and electronic reports, and issue notices of correction
- Explain and interpret code and/or quality control regulations or requirements to homeowners
- Recognize, evaluate and properly resolve unique problems or situations
- Maintain effective customer service relationship with homeowners
- Handle all security and emergency situations according to Choctaw Lake standards
- Be present annually for the 4th of July Fireworks
- Supervise security personnel in providing a safe and secure environment on lake property
- Oversee all maintenance and acquisition of security supplies and vehicles
- Manage capital projects
- Supervise all maintenance staff
- Ensure the maintenance team is focused on curb appeal for all aspects of common property according to Choctaw Lake standards
- Supervise staff in the care and maintenance of the turf, ornamental plants, shrubs, trees and wetlands on the facility grounds
- Direct and assist the staff and clubs on the planting of new vegetation, the replacement, spraying, pruning and trimming of trees and shrubs, the preparation of soil plant beds for aesthetically pleasing arrangements and tending to high stress areas.
- Oversee the maintenance and placement of docks and buoys in and out of the lake
- Oversee the lowering of the lake annually
- Coordinate and oversee all monthly and ODNR inspections and reporting of the dam and any repairs that are required
- Assist in overseeing subordinates in proper and safe operation and maintenance of mechanical and power equipment
- Attend safety training and design and provide safety training for staff
- Supervise and participate in the application and recording of chemical applications (fertilizers and pesticides) as well as lake chemical treatments in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Maintain and supervise maintenance and repair of all equipment and vehicles
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s Degree from four-year College or University preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of directly relevant industry experience in condominium or residential community management, city management, landscaping management, golf course management, or commercial real estate management or some combination of these industries
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- Familiarity with accounting software a plus.
- Effectively prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with staff, board members and property owners
- Strong working knowledge of general office equipment (copiers, printers, scanners)
- Dependable & flexible
- Possess the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Proactive, initiate follow-through
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Minimum 40 hours per week with flexibility agreed upon by the Board President. Generally position will work Monday – Friday but may be on call for emergency or unusual situations. Must work during the fireworks display, normally over 4th of July time frame.
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- PTO allowance
- Paid holidays
The qualification requirements, physical demands and work environment characteristics described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
This job description in no way states or implies that the essential duties described are the only responsibilities. The employee is required to follow any other instruction and to perform any other work duties at the request of the Board President.