Phase I of repairing drainage issues has begun. Phase I included creating a “relief” drain to allow existing water in and around the area to dry out. Once the area dries out, phase II will begin. During Phase II, the main drain swale will be created. The swale will allow for proper drainage flow in this area. The finish product will be graded so that the area can be maintained. This will be similar to the drainage swale on the south end of Itawamba.
Timing of phase II is undetermined. Factors include how fast the area will dry, how much rain we get over next couple weeks, and if the job can be completed before it’s too late to seed before summer. If it becomes too late to seed, the plan is to hold off on Phase II until late August/early September.
We appreciate your patience as we work through this project.