There is a new club in the neighborhood!! If you have always been on the “net” about playing pickleball, now is a perfect time. Below is a summary of the club. This group will assist with teaching you the game. Paddles will be available to borrow for first time players. The group plays every weekday starting between 9:00-9:30AM. You will also see them playing during some evenings and weekend mornings. Just stop on by to join!!
Pickleball Club info below:
The Choctaw Lake Pickleball Club(CLPA) enthusiastically brings Choctaw residents (young and old) together to participate in the sport of Pickleball in our community. It promotes the presence of this great sport in our community in the following ways:
1. Introduces the sport to children and adults as new players.
2. Provides opportunities to increase playing skills through free lessons for beginners through Guided Play. (Instruction while playing and possible clinics).
3. Foster ways for members to meet one another and to build a supportive community. Our members range in skill level from beginner to advanced, are up to age 76, males and females, and may or may not be pickleball addicts.
4. Encourages play as a fun recreational sport and excellent physical activity.
The Choctaw Pickleball Club actively supports a community based program that allows all Choctaw residents a chance to pariticpate and enjoy the time socializing with all Choctaw residents.
If you want to learn this fun sport, improve your game and/or meet people to play pickleball, the Choctaw Lake Pickleball Club is for you.Club meetings:
- All club meetings will be held at the Choctaw courts (please bring a chair).
- Meetings will be held during the pickleball season (May through October, weather permitting).
- Meetings will be announced by phone text, email or posted in the Peace Pipe Monthly
Inagural Members Include:
- Joe Fuchala
- Sue Hackett
- Bog Hackett
- Brenda Cameron
- Susan Malone
- Jerry Malone
- Joe Lagros
- Phil Chin
- Carolyn Garver
- Dianna Daniel
- Larry Daniel
- Jim Price
- Dave Wheatley
- Steve Gruz
- Tony Stojak
- Sener Calis
- Barry Dewees
- Mike Blake