As everyone knows, the cost of running a business has significantly increased over the past few years. I am confident that the association is running as efficiently and as lean as possible. At the same time, the boards and management have continued to look for ways to maintain costs without creating a negative impact on the service delivered. Processes to improve the business to assist with revenue collection and cost savings include:
- A structured collections process.
- Implementing an online payment platform for easier payment.
- Restructuring of the maintenance team to all part-time employees.
- Rolling the CLPOA “building inspector” into the Property Manager and Building Review Committee responsibilities.
- Eliminating reserve capital from being funded by Lot Assessments by creating the Building, Equipment, and Grounds Assessment.
- CLPOA and CUI boards restructuring the CUI operations to not only bring efficiencies to CUI operations but to provide CLPOA with additional revenue for services provided.
Many of the rates that fund our operations budget have not increased since 2017. We have current rates that date back to 2014, this includes the Lot Assessments.
Due to the significant increase in cost over the years, we will be increasing the Lodge and Arrowhead rates effective 10/12/22 and the rental rates for outdoor storage, indoor storage, and boat slip rentals beginning March 1, 2023.
The new rental rates for the Lodge and Arrowhead can be found on our website. Your rates will not change if you have already reserved a rental date in 2023. Please click the link to visit the rental website.
Below are the changes to the boat slips and rental spaces: Effective 3/1/23
- Boat Slips: Current $250.00/yr – New $300.00/yr
- Chickasaw Storage: Current $125.00/y – New $150.00/yr
- Old Columbus Storage
- 25 ft: Current $125.00/yr – New $150.00/yr
- 30 ft: Current $145.00/yr – New 175.00/yr
- 45 ft: Current $200.00/yr – New 225.00/yr
- Indoor Storage
- 10×20: $95.00/month – New $110.00/month
- 12×30: $125.00/month – New $140.00/month
These increases will be beneficial for the fiscal year 2023. However, these rates will not carry us through future years without experiencing a decrease in service operations. In 2023, we will have discussions at the Property Owner’s meetings about options to increase the Lot Assessment rates. The current rate is $711.00 per year. This rate has not changed since 2014. The lot assessment rate funds just over 70% of the business operations budget. The yearly $25.00 membership also funds the operations budget. The remaining $421.28 of your yearly dues fund the reserves. (Yearly dues are $1,157.28). Lot assessments can not change without approval by the Property Owners at a Property Owner meeting.
Note: Your annual dues for 2023 are NOT changing. The 2023 rate changes are only for rental facilities, storage spaces, and boat slips.
CLPOA Property Manager