Hello – Below is a message from our Rumkpe account rep regarding the Memorial Day schedule.
The Rumpke Waste & Recycling family is proud to provide total waste solution services to your family. We want to remind you that this Memorial Day, your Rumpke collection will be DELAYED one day, during the week of May 30. (Monday service will move to Tuesday; Tuesday will move to Wednesday; Wednesday will move to Thursday; Thursday will move to Friday, and Friday will move to Saturday). Please place your trash and recycling at the curb the night before your revised collection day for the week of May 30.
PROPER CURBSIDE GUIDELINES
At Rumpke, safety is always a top priority and we want to ask for your help in keeping our employees safe. Please follow proper curbside guidelines. Here are some tips for this Memorial Day weekend.
As we usher in warmer weather, we want to remind customers about the dangers of placing items like pool chemicals, charcoal embers, fireworks, propane tanks, lithium ion batteries and other flammable materials in your trash or recycling.
- Pool chemicals can be highly reactive and capable of generating extreme temperatures, as well as releasing toxic vapors, if improperly handled or stored.
- Charcoal embers and fireworks that aren’t properly extinguished can reignite. Please soak these items in water prior to disposal.
- Lithium ion batteries – like the batteries in yard equipment, cell phones or laptops, can ignite when compacted in garbage trucks.
Rumpke offers the following tips for disposing of these types of materials:
- Check the label: A lot of household cleaning supplies contain dangerous chemicals. If the container is labeled “Danger” or “Poison”, this is an indication of hazardous waste, do not place the item in your trash or recycling container.
- Review service guidelines: Find them on the back of your Rumpke invoice or at www.rumpke.com.
- Research local options: Most local solid waste districts offer residents disposal options for household hazardous wastes, such as lithium ion batteries.
For more information on holiday schedules and curbside guidelines, visit www.rumpke.com.