I will be doing my annual spring announced community inspections the week of May 24th. The goal of the inspections is to review property maintenance and compliance with the community rules and regulations. Below are a few items that typically result in a letter.
- Tallgrass or weeds throughout the property.
- Debris piles in the yard or driveways; especially piles that have been in place for an extended period of time.
- Disabled vehicles, vehicles with flat tires sitting in driveways, disable golf carts or mowers parked in the lawn areas. All items that create an eyesore.
- Line of sight issues along road right-aways.
- Building issues such as gutters sections unattached to the roof, fences falling down, siding hanging off the house, etc.
- Property Eyesore ( Property eyesores are of the opinion of the Property Manager.)
- Non-compliance with parking.
- Non-compliance with signs. This is probably the item that most become frustrated about and tend to not follow. Please review the sign rules and regs. Please review the school support signage regulation as stated in G3. See pg 3 of the Rules and Regs. for all signage rules. https://choctawlake.com/governing-documents/
- Note that the last day of classes for London is May 28th. School signs up during my inspection week will not be considered in violation. Please note that signs are to be removed after school is out of session.
The letters will include a timeline to correct the violation. To save time, you may receive your notice via email. The goal is to resolve the issue, not to issue fines. I am open to allowing more time to fix if needed, but it must be an agreed-upon timeframe that is reasonable. If that agreed timeframe is ignored or taken advantage of, then I will have to issue fines per the rules and regulations.
Please feel free to spread the word to your neighbors and friends.