The Tecumseh Award is given for prolonged, distinguished service to the community. Please see the qualifications below. The award recipient is nominated by and voted upon by the Board of Trustees.
- Tecumseh Award Guidelines
- The Tecumseh Award is not an annual award.
- The Tecumseh Award is not a popularity contest.
- The Tecumseh Award requires 7 out of 9 votes by trustees to be awarded.
- The Tecumseh Award is always given out at the Christmas Party.
- Current members of the Board of Trustees are not eligible to receive the Tecumseh Award.
- The award is presented for meritorious service to the Lake Community.
- The award is not to be awarded for a single service, but for prolonged, lasting and distinguished service to the Lake Community.
- Like the “Hall of Fame” for football players, the Tecumseh Award is the highest award given by the Board of Trustees to a property owner or former property owner.